So it's been a WHILE since I've been on this thing. I don't really have a good excuse, but I HAVE been pretty busy hahaha..
I'm going to try to blog more frequently after this.. I promise!
Anyway, my husband Fred and I had our first photo 'gig' last Saturday, May 23. It was the 100th birthday of Sis. Maxima Ramos Suratos, or Lola Simang. "Lola" means "grandma" in tagalog. My friend Eunice asked me a few weeks ago if I'd be interested in taking pictures at the party of her great-grandmother and I jumped at the offer. She insisted on paying us, but me and Fred are definitely not professionals, and we were happy to have the practice and gain experience (and feel no pressure since we're still free HAHAHAHAHA).
Things we took note of:
1) Have like 2 extra sets of rechargeable batteries.. per flash HAHAHA.
2) Take lots of pictures, but not tooo many. You have to go back and sort through all 2000 of them, afterall.. lol. (We didn't take 2000 pix, but it feels like it HAHAHA)
3) Don't grip the camera too tightly. You will get red marks on your hands after a while and feel like the camera weighs 20 lbs HAHAHAHA.
4) Don't sprain your ankle a week before gig. It totally limits your ability to get from one place to another lol :)
5) Be assertive. If you need someone to move so you can take the shot, push them out of the way! HAHAHA jk, but you shouldn't be too shy to say, "Excuse me please." HAHAHAHA.
All in all, it was a GREAT experience - the party was great, especially the funny family videos which had everyone laughing all over the place. You could see how much everyone loves Lola Simang, it was amazing to see all the grandchildren, and great grandchildren running around.. Imagine, God has blessed her with 100 years, and she still is so strong. How inspiring!
Eunice, thank you so much for allowing us the opportunity to photograph this momentous occasion, we really appreciate it, and we hope you like the photos we will be giving to you soon.
Below are a few pictures.. I made a logo, but don't really have a NAME for the 'company' yet.. I'm pretty sure I'll be making a better logo soon, but I was so excited to post some pictures in a blog that this was the best I could come up with in 20 minutes lol... so excuse the inconsistancies and whatever else I should've done better HAHAHA.... I'm still learning how to use Photoshop and all that good stuff.. and I haven't quite figured out how to get the vividness of the colors to carry over from my originals to my web photos.. oh well hahahaha...